Rules of the game: Bocce.
How to play?
When it's your turn to play, you must use 5 controls.
- 1. Move initial position inside the starting box to get a good angle.
- 2. Select the height of your movement. Put the cursor down to roll, and put it on the top to shoot. This is very tricky so be careful.
- 3. Select the strength of your shot. If you plan to roll on the ground, shoot very hard. But if you want to throw your ball in the air, don't shoot too hard.
- 4. Select the direction of the move. You need to wait until the arrow reaches the wanted position.
- 5. Click the button to play when your movement is prepared.
Bocce, also known as "
", is a very popular french game.
- You play on a delimited ground, and the floor is made of sand. You must throw balls made of iron onto the ground, and try to get as close as possible to a green target, called "
- Each player has 4 balls. The player whose ball is the closest to the target has the right NOT to play. So his opponent must play. If the opponent gets closer from the target, the same rule applies and the order of players is reversed.
- When a ball gets out of the playing ground, it is eliminated from the game and from the scores.
- When a player has thrown all his balls, the other player must throw all of his balls too, until both players don't have any more ball.
- When all balls are on the ground, the player who has the closest ball gets 1 point, plus 1 point for each other ball closer than any other ball of his opponent. If a player has 5 points, he wins the game. Otherwise another round is played, until one of the players gets 5 points and the victory.
A bit of strategy
- Observe your opponent's movements, and try to copy them while changing what was wrong. Also remember how you played your movement and change it a bit. If you make a perfect move, repeat the same move again and again in order to score more points.
- There are two kinds of movements at this game: To roll and to shoot. Rolling is the action of aiming the target and throwing the ball very near to it. It is difficult because the ball rolling on the sand doesn't go far. Shooting is the action of removing an opponent ball from the ground by hitting it very hard. If your shoot is perfect, your ball takes the exact place of the opponent's ball: In the south of France, they call this a "
carreau", and if you do that, you will get a free "
- It's always better to be in front of the target than behind the target. It is more difficult for the opponent to roll and he will have to shoot your ball first.
- Try to avoid the rocks on the floor. They will randomly affect the trajectory of the ball. The smaller rocks will affect the trajectory a little bit, and the bigger rocks will affect the trajectory a lot. To avoid the rocks, you can aim between two of them, or you can use the height control to throw the ball above them.
Remember you can set the clock parameters in the game options