Rules of the game: Pool.
How to play?
When it's your turn to play, you must use 4 controls.
- 1. Move the stick in order to select the direction.
- 2. Select the spin given to the ball. For example, if you place the black dot at the bottom of the white circle, your ball will go back after hitting an object.
- 3. Select the strength of your shot.
- 4. Click the button to play when your movement is prepared.
The rules of the game
The rules of this game are the rules of 8-ball pool, also called
- The goal of the game is to put 8 balls into the holes. You must put the 7 balls of your color first, and finally the black ball.
- Players play one after the other. But if a player successfully pockets one ball, he plays one more time.
- You have the right to hit the white ball, and only the white ball, and throw it against other balls.
- At the begining of the game, players don't have colors. When one player puts one ball into a hole for the first time, he gets this color, and his opponent gets the other color. The colors are attributed for the whole game.
- When it's your turn, you must try to put the balls of your color into the holes, one after the other. When your 7 balls are already into the holes, you must put the black ball into a hole and then you win.
- You don't have the right to hit the other player's balls first. The first ball that you hit must be one of your own color, or the black if you have no balls left on the table. If you fail in doing this, it's a fault.
- You don't have the right to put the white ball into a hole. If you fail and put the white ball into a hole, it's considered as a mistake.
- If you make a fault, you are punished. The punishment is the following: Your opponent has the right to move the white ball where he wants before playing. He will have an easy shot.
- If you put the black ball into a hole before the end of the game, you lose immediately.
- If you put the black ball into a hole and make a fault, you lose. Even if you have already no balls of your color left on the table. So you can still lose on the final shot if you pocket the black and the white at the same time.
- It seems a bit complicated, but don't worry, it's a simple game. And it's fun, so try it. It's very popular on this application. You will make a lot of friends there!
A bit of strategy
- The game of pool is a game of attack-defense. The beginers always want to score, but it is not always the correct movement. Sometimes, it is better to defend. There are two ways to defend: You can place the white ball where the opponent will have a difficult movement. Or you can block your opponent. Blocking (also called
"snook") is realized by hiding the white ball behind your balls, so that it is impossible for your oponent to shoot a ball directly from there. The opponent will probably do a fault.
- If you can't put your ball into the hole, shoot softly and try to bring closer your ball from the hole. Your next movement will be victorious.
- It is important to think about your second movement. Use the spin in order to place the white ball in a particular spot, so that you can score several times in the same turn.
- The beginers always want to shoot very hard, hoping to get lucky. But it is not always a good idea. Because you can accidentally pocket the black ball into a hole, or the white ball.
- Make plans. Every time you play, you must have a plan for the next moves. This makes the difference between beginers and experts. This is an example of plan: « I will put this ball into the hole, then I will place the white ball on the left using the left spin effect, and finally I will block my opponent. »
Play against the robot
Playing against the robot's artificial intelligence is fun, and it's a good way to improve at this game. The application proposes 7 progressive difficulty levels:
- Level 1 - "random":
The robot plays totally blindfolded. He will make weird moves, and most of the time, you will get a fault. It's almost as if you played completely alone.
- Level 2 - "easy":
The robot doesn't aim well, makes a lot of mistakes, and he doesn't attack well, and he doesn't defend well.
- Level 3 - "medium":
The robot aims a bit better, and makes less mistakes. But he still doesn't attack well or defend well.
- Level 4 - "difficult":
The robot aims very well, but not perfectly. He still makes mistakes, and he still doesn't attack well. But he defends better now. Also at this level, the robot knows how to place the white ball if you make a fault.
- Level 5 - "expert":
The robot aims perfectly, and he knows how to avoid most of the mistakes. He can now attack and defend using complex rebounds. The robot is good technically, but he has no strategy. If you are an expert, and if you know how to use the white ball's spin, or if you can make a good defense shot before letting the robot play, you will defeat him.
- Level 6 - "champion":
The robot will not make any mistake. And at this difficulty level, the robot can now think and he can use a strategy. He can plan one shot in advance, and he can improve his position using ball spin. He will also make your position difficult if he needs to defend. He is very difficult to beat. But it is still possible to win if you play like a champion, because the robot still plays like a human at this difficulty level.
- Level 7 - "genius":
This is the ultimate difficulty level. The robot plays extremely well, and even better than well: He plays like a machine. You will have only one chance to pocket the 8 balls in one turn. If you miss one shot, or if you defend, or if you let the robot play again only a single time after your turn to play, he will pocket the 8 balls and win. Remember: You will have only one chance!